本卷满分： 100 分 共 12 页 第 1 页
Part I. Vocabulary and Grammar (30 points, 1 point for each)
Directions: After each statement there are four choices marked A, B, C, and D.
Choose the only one choice that best completes the statement. Write your
answers on your answer sheet.
1. Please explain your statement. I have no ____ what you are talking about.
A. contemplation B. norm C. notion D. imagination
2. On August 18th the president announced a general ____ for political exiles.
A. yoga B. ado C. quartet D. amnesty
3. When two straight lines meet, ____ an angle.
A. formed B. it is formed C. they form D. to form
4. It is not _____much the language as the background that makes the novel difficult to
A. that B. that C. so D. very
5. The machine got somewhat eroded, but this oil will ____ it well.
A. extinct B. decorate C. illuminate D. lubricate
6. The digestive enzyme pepsin breaks down proteins into components ____ readily absorbed
by the human body.
A. that can be B. and are C. which they D. are to be
7. ____ the precise qualities of the hero in literary works may vary over time, the basic
exemplary function of the hero seems to remain constant.
A. Whatever B. Even though C. In spite of D. Regardless
8. The baby monkey ____ to its mother all day.
A. held B. grasped C. clung D. stuck
9. ___at in this way, the situation does not seem so desperate.
A. Looked B. Looking C. To look D. Being looked